Thursday 1 May 2014

Book launch over

                                                    The Newfoundland picture gallery


Well ‘Life with my Newfoundlands’ has been out for a week and I must say I’m very pleased with the way it’s gone. I’ve certainly met (digitally) a lot of nice people, mostly Newfie owners and, of course, enthusiastic for the breed. The temptation to start all over again with the dogs has been enormous but I have to resist for their sake.

From the news one gets the idea that everywhere is in decline, especially in the field of entertainment and I include books and games in this. Violence and sex seem to be the main drivers these days even at a very young age. I am sure violence begets violence. So when you come across a group of people that are more interested in their dogs and their welfare it’s such a relief. Perhaps it’s because I’ve decided not to have a pet (well a Newfoundland) that I notice it so much, I do miss my Newfs and if my circumstances change for sure I’d probably be back on the ownership trail again. For now the book will have to do, it would be nice to think that there are other people in my situation that it might amuse or hopefully people not in my situation. There are lots of things (and I include myself in this), that we find are common to all Newfs they are such a benevolent breed and their behaviour so affectionate that you just can’t help loving them.

The two other dogs I had, Andy who could wag his tail so hard it would bruise you and Tedder who let the burglar in and tried to keep the police out, were in their own ways lovely and much loved dogs who taught us much. But the Newfoundlands were our friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment