Friday 1 May 2015

Mike's Saudi (40) Mansour and Fateeha visit an English pub

On another occasion we took them to a typical Lakeland pub. It was a beautiful evening ideal to impress our guest with. A low sun across the field with cows grazing, in the distance the church bell ringers were practicing and all was quiet with not too many people about. I got us a round of drinks the girls had Pims and we had scotch, as we sat there enjoying the scene Mansour said “Seeing you don’t drink, how come you know so much about them?” In Saudi at this time I didn’t drink just to be on the safe side and had told him that I didn’t touch it. Fateeha loved the Pims and of course her husband wanted to know what it was. “When I was young we used to call it a leg opener” I told him. His eyes widened “Really get her another one.” I did but after sometime we left only having two rounds, the evening was so perfect it needed a clear head to enjoy it to the full.
One of the things that both of them were enchanted with were the acres of green grass, in fact Mansour used to enjoy rolling in it. Whilst the landscape in Saudi had its attraction for Syb and me we loved the desert and used to drive into it and stop out there where the silence made your ears hurt but to Mansour and Fateeha it was nothing. However the Lake District is one of the most beautiful areas in England, with its lakes, trees and everywhere the green grass and it truly impressed our guests. One day I had something to do so Dad looked after Mansour “I’ll show you our souk” he said meaning the local village market. Naturally Mansour loved it he came across some everlasting socks which intrigued him so Dad bought him a pair which proved to be his prize possession for the rest of the holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment