Thursday 18 June 2015

The Daughter of Sandstone Manor

Whilst Mike has been recalling our memories of Saudi I have been hard at work on a new book set in the South of England in the 1700s. It has been a fastinating challenge learning the speech and idioms of the age as well as the dress and habits that were current at that time. In the novel the heroine experiences life all levels from Lady to skivvy my researches have had to be widely spread, in fact I learned so much about the age that I am tempted to look to that era as the setting for my next book. But that is jumping ahead I have to publish this one first.
I found it very heartening that my beta reader became so involved in the story that she missed some areas of needed correction towards the end of the book, but I always read a new manuscript many times refining it so they did not escape the needed alterations. The story covers a lot of the trauma experienced by the heroine including rape, threats, kindness and finally love, she experienced life in exalted circles and at the lowest as a servant.

I really enjoyed writing this book which I feel is amongst my best, as a taster I am including the cover picture for your approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment