Thursday 25 June 2015

You were right, how about this for the cover?

Those people who wrote in to tell me the picture I’d chosen for the cover of my new book “The Daughter of Sandstone Manor” seen on last week’s blog was an American scene. You’re right of course but it just seemed to have the impact I was looking for however I guess for a book about a Lady living in the south of England in the 18th century it was a bit misleading.

Now hopefully the one heading this week will prove more appropriate and just as appealing, it is certainly in line with the story. So hoping for your approval I intend to use it. Currently the book is in its final proof reading and should be published in the next ten days, because it is set in the 1700s it has taken a little longer than usual as the facts have to be right as well as everything else. It is surprising how much research I’ve had to do into customs, language, dress, life style and manners, I have now amassed so much information on these I’m thinking of writing more books set in the same period.

No comments:

Post a Comment