Thursday 24 September 2015

In the End

Sometimes I wonder what to write each week, life has treated me well really, like all things it’s had its up and down but then that’s what has provided a lot of the background to my books. Not just in Saudi Arabia a time which whose memories are very precious to me but life in general and the people I’ve met, even in passing, provide the prototypes for some of the characters in my stories.

The couple in Inshallah were based closely on several people, it would be most unlikely that anyone of them would react the way Jinya did but her family life was taken from actual situations I witnessed. As I was trying to draw parallels between the Islam and Christianity it was most important not to come to any conclusions about the developing story especially at the end. I had to create an ending that could be interpreted to be satisfactory by either faith. It however left things up in the air a bit and many people have asked me to write a sequel continuing the story on but to do so would mean that I would have to declare an interest. Much better I believe to leave it where the reader has to make up their own mind and interpret it in the faith they believe in or if they have no faith speculate on the outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment