Saturday 13 February 2016

Mike's They're dead so what

There are times when I look at a blank page and think I’ve got to write a blog, as I like to write one once a week, and nothing comes to mind. Then you look around for a hook to start you off, I’ve just been reading a most interesting book, no it’s not one of Syb’s excellent publications, it’s a biography of Lawrence of Arabia but more precisely it’s a history of the first world war in the Middle East. It left me thinking nothing’s changed our leaders are still keen to follow their own agendas seemingly without thought to the common man, in WW1 the leaders of both sides threw men into battle saying we didn’t do badly we only lost 10,00 men to day still we’ll do the same tomorrow. During one advance the British army lost a man for every 2 inches of ground gained and now each year we remember dead. It seems that society is becoming immune to other peoples suffering. To bring it up to date how many digital games employ the murder/killing of others to gain ground and win. I saw my grandson playing a game involving a swimmer, he was called for a meal and instead of just ending the game he drowned the swimmer, a shock to me as the drowning was realistic, a way of ending the game to him. What does it do to their minds? What if they become the leaders in future and some of them will.

No comments:

Post a Comment