Thursday 12 May 2016

Mike's How to foul up the future

So we just received a booklet through the post called “Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK” a nice neat title. There then followed an equally wordy list of statements without anything that really persuaded me. I am what they call a floating voter i.e. someone who can’t make up his mind. I find that dear old David Cameron and Boris (is he for real?) Johnson seem have lost me somewhere along the way. The trouble is I just don’t believe politicians it seems to me that although they say they wanted to become an MP to serve the public they really became an MP to serve themselves, perhaps I do some a disservice but not more than I have fingers. One thing I do realise that after the referendum the country will never be the same no matter who wins, if we stay, in there has been so much in fighting in both parties that the government will have to change as new scores will have to be avenged and the leadership will have been weakened; and if we come out, do we have a leader capable of steering us through the rough waters that will follow? In America if you vote for Trump you don’t know what you’ll get it seems to me we’re in the same boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment